Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the questions people often ask us. Give us a call, and we would be happy to talk about making your retreat planning a reality. We will work with you to create a program and price for you. Call us for more information or if you have questions @ 1-905-722-5751
Can we come for a Site visit?
We are proud of Jackson’s Point Camp and are happy to have you visit for a tour.
What does my booking include?
• A meeting room of suitable size to accommodate your group including chairs, tables and full A/V set-up.
• Dormitory-style sleeping accommodations in fully winterized cabins that sleep 16 people. Each cabin has shared washrooms and showers. There are four wheelchair accessible cabins.
• Use of the grounds for self-directed activities: basketball, road hockey, beach volleyball, walks, hikes.
• Use of a campfire pit
What if I require additional meeting and breakout rooms?
Extra rooms can be provided, depending on availability, for an additional fee.
Do we need to bring our own bedding?
Jacksons Point Camp does not provide linens or bedding. Please remember to bring a sleeping bag or other bedding, a pillow and towels.
Can arrangements be made for guests with special dietary requirements?
Jacksons Point Camp will make every effort to accommodate guests with dietary restrictions. However, there are some conditions that may require the guest to provide part of their own food. Inquire when you phone us.
How are self-catered kitchens equipped?
• Dishes, cups and glasses, cutlery and flatware for up to 50 people.
• Pots, fry pans, utensils to prepare food for up to 50 people
• Oven/range, microwave, coffee maker, kettle, refrigerator, freezer, and hand beater.
• Dishwasher, dishwasher detergent
Are sports equipment and games available to use during free time?
All equipment is available for group usage. Bouldering, low ropes and wagon rides are camp directed activities and are available at an extra cost, weather permitting. A minimum 3 week notice is required to arrange for staff to operate the course.
Are staff members available after hours in case of an unforeseen need or emergency?
Your host will provide you with after-hours contact information upon your arrival. You will be given a radio in which you can contact your host at any time. Cell phones get good service at Jacksons Point Camp and the camp office phone is available, through your host, for emergencies.
Salvation Army Camp HQ
Thank you for considering Jackson’s Point Camp as your retreat destination, we look forward to serving you. We love to show off our camp, so tours are available upon request. For details on how we can meet and exceed your meeting, retreat and conference needs call our Guest Relations Coordinator at 1-905-722-5751 or fill out an inquiry form. We will get back to you within 2 business days.
Get In Touch
Ontario Camping Ministries
25 Salvation Army Rd
Jacksons Point, Ontario L0E 1L0
Hours of Operation:
Regular Office Hours
Monday–Friday 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Summer Office Hours
Sunday–Saturday 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM